GATE Environmental Science
GATE Environmental Science – Entrance for M.Arch at leading colleges and jobs at PSUs…
Start Free Trial of all Career Avenues courses. See samples of video lectures, study material and tests. And experince our award winning learning platform.
GATE Environmental Science Printed Study Material
Check Scholarship Coupon Details and Course Duration before purchase. Covers Aptitude, Maths and GATE Environmental Science syllabus. Includes Online Study Material and Test Series, Mocks and Past GATE questions.
Starts at Rs. 7000
GATE Environmental Science Online Study Material
Check Scholarship Coupon Details and Course Duration before purchase. Covers Aptitude, Maths and GATE Environmental Science syllabus. Includes Printed study material, Online Test Series, Mocks and Past GATE questions.
Starts at Rs. 1000
GATE Environmental Science Online Test Series
Check Scholarship Coupon Details and Course Duration before purchase. Best GATE Environmental Science Test Series in India. 75 Env Sci, 50 Aptitude, 30 Maths Tests. 5 Mocks held in Dec and Jan.
Starts at Rs. 500
Download Our Books
You can enrol through this website or through our app using upi, wallet payments, net-banking, debit and credit cards of most banks. If you still have a difficulty, please call or whatsapp on 9930406349 and we will assist you. After enrolment, please fill enrollment form here:
Each of us requires a different kind of study program based upon our style/preference of studying. Normally, all students take our study material and test series. Many also take video lectures as it helps them clear concepts. A lot depends upon time available to prepare, current stage of preparation, etc. If you are still unsure, please contact us.
Yes, there may be few scholarships available for students from top colleges, students with good grades, students from EWS and for students whose parents are from teaching or defence services. Pls contact us on 9930406349 via whatsapp with details of course you wish to join and scholarship category needed, along with relevant documents.
As a registered Career Avenues student, you can ask your doubts here and our faculty will get back to you.
Typically 5-6 months are required, but some students need a longer time frame based on other commitments. College students start preparation 12-18 months before GATE to have more time to practise questions as they may have semester exams as well.
We suggest about 800 to 1200 hours of preparation time overall. This can be divided into 3-4 months or 12-18 months, based on your schedule.
Preparing for the GATE exam in Environmental Engineering requires a systematic and well-planned strategy. Here are some steps you can follow to prepare effectively:
Understand the Syllabus: Start by thoroughly understanding the GATE Environmental Engineering syllabus. This will help you identify the topics and subjects you need to cover.
Gather Study Materials: Collect relevant study materials such as textbooks, reference books, previous years’ question papers, and online resources that cover the GATE Environmental Engineering syllabus.
Create a Study Plan: Develop a study plan that allocates sufficient time for each subject and topic. Set realistic goals and create a timetable that suits your schedule. Divide your study sessions into smaller, manageable chunks to maintain focus and avoid burnout.
Focus on Core Concepts: Environmental Engineering is a vast field, so focus on understanding the core concepts of each subject. Build a strong foundation by studying topics such as water and wastewater treatment, air pollution control, solid waste management, environmental impact assessment, and environmental laws and regulations.
Practice Previous Years’ Papers: Solve previous years’ GATE question papers to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern, question types, and time management. This will also help you identify areas where you need more practice.
Take Mock Tests: Regularly take mock tests to assess your progress and improve your time management skills. Analyze your performance and identify weak areas to work on.
Seek Clarification: If you encounter any doubts or difficulties while studying, don’t hesitate to seek clarification from professors, experts, or online forums. Clearing your doubts will help you gain a better understanding of the subject matter.
Stay Updated: Keep yourself updated with current environmental issues, advancements in environmental technologies, and any changes in environmental laws and regulations. This will not only help you in the exam but also in your professional career.
Stay Motivated and Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle: Exam preparation can be challenging, so stay motivated and maintain a positive mindset. Take breaks, exercise regularly, get enough sleep, and eat nutritious food to keep yourself physically and mentally fit.
Revision is Key: As the exam approaches, allocate sufficient time for revision. Review key concepts, formulas, and practice questions to reinforce your understanding.
Remember, everyone’s study approach may vary, so customize your strategy based on your strengths, weaknesses, and preferences. Stay disciplined, consistent, and focused throughout your preparation.
The syllabus for GATE Environmental Engineering is divided into various sections. Here is a broad overview of the topics covered in the GATE Environmental Engineering syllabus:
Environmental Chemistry and Biology:
- Water and wastewater quality parameters and standards
- Environmental chemistry and microbiology
- Water and wastewater treatment processes
- Environmental pollution control
Water Supply Engineering:
- Water supply system and its components
- Water demand estimation
- Intake structures and pumping stations
- Water treatment processes and plant design
Waste Water Engineering:
- Sewerage system and sewer appurtenances
- Wastewater characteristics and analysis
- Wastewater treatment processes and design
- Sludge management and disposal
Water Resources Engineering:
- Hydrology and water resource systems
- Surface and groundwater hydrology
- Flood routing and reservoir design
- Irrigation systems and design
Air Pollution and Control:
- Air pollution sources and effects
- Air quality standards and monitoring
- Air pollution control technologies
- Indoor air pollution and control
Solid and Hazardous Waste Management:
- Solid waste characteristics and management
- Waste minimization and recycling
- Municipal solid waste management systems
- Hazardous waste management and disposal
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Sustainable Development:
- Environmental impact assessment (EIA) process
- Environmental legislation and regulations
- Sustainable development and environmental sustainability
- Global and Regional Environmental Issues:
- Climate change and global warming
- Ozone layer depletion
- Environmental policies and protocols
Please note that this is a general outline of the GATE Environmental Engineering syllabus. It’s important to refer to the official GATE syllabus and any updates or revisions provided by the conducting authority.
- “Environmental Engineering: Sewage Disposal and Air Pollution Engineering” by S.K. Garg
- “Textbook of Environmental Studies for Undergraduate Courses” by Erach Bharucha
- “Introduction to Environmental Engineering and Science” by Gilbert M. Masters
- “Environmental Engineering: Water, Wastewater, Soil and Groundwater Treatment and Remediation” by Nelson L. Nemerow and Franklin J. Agardy
- “Environmental Science and Engineering” by Ravi Krishnan
- “Water and Wastewater Engineering” by Mackenzie L. Davis and David A. Cornwell
- “Environmental Engineering: Fundamentals, Sustainability, Design” by James R. Mihelcic and Julie B. Zimmerman
- “Water Supply Engineering” by B.C. Punmia and Ashok Jain
- “Principles of Environmental Engineering and Science” by Mackenzie L. Davis and Susan J. Masten
- “Wastewater Engineering: Treatment and Reuse” by Metcalf & Eddy, Inc.
These books provide comprehensive coverage of environmental engineering topics and are highly regarded for GATE preparation. It’s important to cross-reference the topics covered in these books with the official GATE syllabus and stay updated with any changes made by the organizing institute.