GATE Textile Engineering
Career Avenues recent GATE Textile ranks: 3, 8, 11, 14, 17, 22, 29, …
GATE Textile Fibers Free Trial
Start Free Trial of all Career Avenues courses. See samples of study material and tests. And experince our award winning learning platform.
GATE Textile Fibres Printed Study Material
Check Scholarship Coupon Details and Course Duration before purchase. Covers Textile Fibres, Aptitude and Maths. Includes Printed Study Material Test Series, Mocks and Past GATE questions.
Starts at Rs.7000
GATE Textile Fibres Online Study Material
Check Scholarship Coupon Details and Course Duration before purchase. Covers Textile Fibres, Aptitude and Maths. Includes Online Study Material Test Series, Mocks and Past GATE questions.
Starts at Rs. 1000
GATE Textile Fibres Online Test Series
Check Scholarship Coupon Details and Course Duration before purchase. Covers Textile Fibres, Aptitude and Maths. Includes Online Test Series and Mocks.
Starts at Rs. 500
Download Our Books
You can enrol through this website or through our app using upi, wallet payments, net-banking, debit and credit cards of most banks. If you still have a difficulty, please call or whatsapp on 9930406349 and we will assist you. After enrolment, please fill enrollment form here:
Each of us requires a different kind of study program based upon our style/preference of studying. Normally, all students take our study material and test series. Many also take video lectures as it helps them clear concepts. A lot depends upon time available to prepare, current stage of preparation, etc. If you are still unsure, please contact us.
Yes, there may be few scholarships available for students from top colleges, students with good grades, students from EWS and for students whose parents are from teaching or defence services. Pls contact us on 9930406349 via whatsapp with details of course you wish to join and scholarship category needed, along with relevant documents.
As a registered Career Avenues student, you can ask your doubts here and our faculty will get back to you.
Typically 5-6 months are required, but some students need a longer time frame based on other commitments. College students start preparation 12-18 months before GATE to have more time to practise questions as they may have semester exams as well.
We suggest about 800 to 1200 hours of preparation time overall. This can be divided into 3-4 months or 12-18 months, based on your schedule.
A good Score For GATE Textile Fibers (TF) is considered to be: 55
Steps And Strategy To Prepare For GATE Textile Fibers (TF) Exam
- Take a diagnostic test – best diagnostic test is a GATE paper of any of the previous 3 years.
- Note down what you have scored and what was the actual GATE qualifying score cut-off. Note that qualification does not help you much. What you need is a good score. So note the good score mentioned above and measure the gap between your score and a good score.
- Note the GATE syllabus and mark your topics that you are good at. First try to master subjects that you are good at.
- However, some subjects like Textile Fibers, Yarn manufacture, Yarn structure and Properties and Fabric manufacture, Structure and Properties have a high weightage. So you should definitely prepare these.
- General Aptitude does not require preparation. It requires practice. So just practice solving Aptitude questions every day for 30 minutes.
- Mathematics may have a very high weightage. But note that to get these 6-10 marks, what you have to study and practice is typically more than a core subject. So if you wish to eliminate some topics in Math, it is fine. Master topics that you are good at.
- Take lots of section tests and Mocks. Career Avenues provides an excellent test series for GATE Textile Fibers (TF).
- In case you require focused GATE study material and books, you should take Career Avenues GATE Textile Fibers (TF) study material which has been made by IIT alumni and is focused towards GATE.
- Being a GATE aspirant, it is very important that you first know what is the syllabus for GATE Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF) Examination before you start preparation.
- Keep handy the updated copy of GATE Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF) Examination syllabus.
- Go through the complete and updated syllabus, highlight important subjects and topics based on Past GATE Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF) Papers and Weightage plus your understanding of particular subject or topic.
- Keep tracking and prioritizing your preparation-to-do list and the syllabus for the GATE Textile Engineering and Fiber Science (TF)
Section I: Engineering Mathematics
- Linear Algebra: Matrices, Determinants, Systems of linear equations, Eigen values and eigen vectors.
- Calculus: Limit, Continuity, Differentiability, Partial Derivatives, Maxima and minima, Sequences and series, Test for convergence, Fourier series.
- Vector Calculus: Gradient, Divergence and Curl, Line, surface and volume integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green’s theorems.
- Differential Equations: Linear and non-linear first-order ODEs, Higher order linear ODEs with constant coefficients, Laplace transforms, PDEs – Laplace, heat and wave equations.
- Probability and Statistics: Mean, median, mode, Random variables, Distributions, Correlation and regression analysis.
- Numerical Methods: Solutions of algebraic equations, Integration methods, Methods for differential equations.
Section II: Textile Fibers
- Fiber classification, Structure of natural and man-made fibers, Fiber identification and blend analysis.
- Molecular architecture, Phase transitions, Production processes of regenerated cellulosic fibers, Polymerization of synthetic fibers.
- Investigating fiber structure, Mechanical properties, Fiber structure-property correlation.
Section III: Yarn manufacture, Yarn structure and Properties
- Principles of opening, cleaning, mixing/blending of fibers, Yarn spinning processes (ring spinning, rotor spinning, etc.), Yarn contraction and diameter, Fiber migration, Yarn irregularity index.
Section IV: Fabric manufacture, Structure and Properties
- Winding processes, Yarn splicing, Warping, Sizing, Principles of loom motion, Weft and warp insertion systems, Knitting and nonwoven fabric production.
Section V: Textile Testing
- Metrology and inspection, Quality management, Reliability and maintenance.
Section VI: Chemical processing
- Preparatory processes for fibers, Dyeing and printing techniques, Finishing processes, Pollution control.
Please note that this is a condensed version of the topics, and it is advisable to refer to the complete syllabus for a comprehensive understanding of the subjects.
Here are some recommended books for GATE Textile Fibers (TF) exam preparation:
- Textile Science: E.P.G. Gohl, L.D. Vilensky
- A Text Book of Fibre Science and Technology: S. P. Mishra
- Elements of Carding and Drawing: A.R. Khare
- Spun Yarn Technology: Eric Oxtoby
- Weaving Mechanism: R. Marks and A. T. C. Robinson
- Handbook of Nonwoven: S J Russell
- Knitting Technology: David J Spencer
- Textile Testing: J E Booth
- Physical Testing of Textiles: B. P. Saville
- Fundamentals of Principles of Textile Processing: Shenai
- Technology of Textile Finishing: Shenai
- Introduction to Textile Finishing: JT Marsh
It’s advisable to refer to the complete syllabus and choose the books that cover the specific topics in the GATE TF syllabus.